As Brits gear up to make the most of the remaining summer season, online booking platform, eviivo, has compiled a list of 10 remote properties to whet the appetite of those looking to holiday in the UK.
With travel initially off the cards due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the independent accommodation sector has now re-opened its doors to holidaymakers keen for a socially-distanced staycation this summer.
Whether you’re in need of a Cornish costal retreat or a rural romantic getaway in the heart of hills and moors, rest assured; these properties provide guests the opportunity to leave lockdown and escape the crowds.
1.The Sanctuary – This unique offering isn’t your usual B&B. Based in the beautiful village of Golant in Cornwall, this property is perfect for nature lovers craving a digital break and with no TV or Wifi present you’ll be sure to get it! The property emphasises the enjoyment of connecting with nature and guests can sample sustainable living with solar energy, water from a borehole and a log boiler for heating.
2.Lut’s B&B – This beautiful 300-year-old listed farmhouse is tucked away in the splendid Lincolnshire countryside. The property is perfectly positioned for an isolated getaway with plenty of walks and activities to keep you occupied. As an added bonus, the venue is currently offering private staycations in August to ensure guests have a truly peaceful getaway.
3. Hever Bed and Breakfast – The thatched cottages offer a range of stylised self-contained ‘sheds’ to meet guests needs. Situated in the historic village of Hever, guests are an ideal location to enjoy country walks and take in the beautiful scenery. Breakfast can be enjoyed on the private patio against the stunning backdrop of the 15th century cottage.
4. Maple Bank – A magnificent detached Edwardian property set in an acre of its own beautiful gardens. Nestled in the heart of Lake District National Park, guests can enjoy a rural escape with gorgeous uninterrupted views of the Derwent Valley. It is also a perfect getaway for visitors who enjoy adventure activities such as water sports, cycling and climbing.
5. Plum Tree – This one-bedroom hidden gem is completely self-contained and perfect for a secluded stay. Based in a stunning part of County Durham it provides guests with a cosy and relaxing escape from the bustle of the city. This is a beautiful barn conversion that sits pretty on an elevated half acre site, all within a stone’s throw of the region’s most beautiful scenery and attractions.
6. The Old Deanery – Based in the quiet market town of Ripon, between the Yorkshire Dales and Moors, this stunning Grade II building dates back to 1625. Nowadays, the property boasts 11 bespoke bedrooms all with traditional 17th century interiors ready to take you back in time. Guests can spend hours wandering the remote hills without bothering another soul.
7.Mynd House – A historic Edwardian villa situated in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. This elegant B&B offers seven stylish bedrooms all with ensuites and views of the rolling scenery. This beautiful, dog-friendly property based in the secluded Shropshire Hills is ideal for a quiet staycation complete with a private bar to spend your evenings relaxing in.
8.Alladale Wilderness Reserve – A 23,000-acre utopia located in the Scottish Highlands with native wildlife and impeccable views. Located in one of the most remote parts of the beautiful Scottish Highlands, each guests can choose between four stunning lodges and cottages to hide away in in.
9. The Shepherds Hut – A stand-alone cabin in its own private area, Hetton Law Shepherds Hut B&B is the ideal location for real remote getaway. Situated between Northumberland and the Scottish borders guests can really indulge in their surroundings while basking in the rich history of Northumberland and nearby castles.
10. Wernddofn – Part of the Preseli ‘Bluestone’ Hills, an ancient area of beauty in rural Pembrokeshire, these charming cottages allow guests a peaceful self-catered stay away from the world. The gorgeous converted Welsh stone barns all have the required modern-day creature comforts families need to unwind while also being positioned in one of the UK’s most beautiful surrounding areas.
For more information on eviivo visit https://eviivo.com/products/